Day 3 ~ Melon Detox
Today, its all about Papaya!
Papayas contain high levels of antioxidants vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin E. Diets high in antioxidants may reduce the risk of heart disease. The antioxidants prevent the oxidation of cholesterol. When cholesterol oxidizes, it's more likely to create blockages that lead to heart disease.
Here are the top 8 health benefits of eating papaya.
1. Good Eye Health: Papayas are loaded with Vitamin A an antioxidants, which helps in improving eye health. Vitamin A protects the corneas whereas the antioxidants reduce the degeneration of the retina. The delectable fruit provides an all over vision protection and even improves it to a certain extent. A healthy consumption of papaya can actually prevent your eyesight from deteriorating, and keep your vision perfect.
2. Aids digestion : With the amount of water and fiber content in the fruit, it would be surprising if it didn’t aid digestion. Other than that, papaya also contains numerous enzymes which help break down the foods and protects the tissues that line the digestive tract. Eating papaya an hour before or after a meal can aid in healthy digestion and help your body run smoothly.
3. Anti-Ageing : Skin is the largest organ of your body and it reflects the inner workings of your body. For healthy and glowing skin, include papaya in your daily diet. It’s packed with Vitamin A, Vitamin C, plus Vitamin E which provide quite a huge antioxidant dose. It makes the skin tighter and brighter, therefore, preventing wrinkles, sagging and dull skin. This wonderous fruit can do wonders for your skin and is a natural source of alpha-hydroxy acids. AHA helps in removing the buildup of dead cells layer from the skin and rejuvenates the cell tissues, making them thicker and firmer.
4. Boosts Immunity : Papayas are brimming with nutrients, and a collective advantaged of them is the boost in immunity. The 200% of the recommended Vitamin C present is the main contributor in boosting the immune system, therefore, making your body thrive while fighting all types of infections and illnesses.
5. Helps in weight loss : Papaya is very low in calories and the fiber present in it helps you feel full for longer. With a healthy digestive tract and immune system, papayas help in all-round weight loss. The natural fibers detoxify the body and cleanse it, thus, keeping the body healthy and fit. Other than that, the seeds found within the fruit prevent your body from absorbing fats, therefore, a handful of papaya seeds can aid in weight loss too.
6. Better Kidney Health : The potassium present in the fruit is a huge supporter of kidney health. It cleans out the toxins deposited in the kidneys and reduced the accumulation of uric acid in the blood. Payapa seeds also play an important part in keeping the kidney healthy. The presence of flavonoids in it helps in keeping the cells from degenerating and prevents the kidney from dysfunctioning.
7. Great for Diabetics : Although this tropical fruit is known for its sweetness, it’s great for people who have diabetes or want to reduce the risks of getting it. The sweetness is natural and unlike other fruits, it has low sugar content as well as low glucose levels. It’s filling nature ensures a satiated mind and body, and in the long run, stops you from craving foods that can be harmful to diabetic patients. With high-quality nutrients and various health benefits, it maintains blood sugar levels and cholesterol.
8. Better Cardiovascular Health : Rich in antioxidants and phytochemicals, papayas help in keeping the heart healthy and fight off heart diseases that might come your way. Plus the Vitamin C, fibers, and potassium promote healthy blood flow and keeps the arteries healthy. The maintenance of cholesterol also helps in warding off many heart diseases. Therefore, including a healthy diet of papayas is very important.
Enriched with the goodness of nature, the refreshing and sweet taste of this delectable fruit is hard to resist, and the cold drips of the sweet nectar cures all the fatigue of a hot summer day.
Lemon + Ginger Herbal Tea
Papaya SMOOTHIE BOWL with Coconut Yoghurt and a sprinkle of raspberries, blackberries, pomegranate seeds + granola
Papaya JUICE :
1/2 papaya cubed,
1/2 cup Pineapple Juice
1/2 cup Orange Juice
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp honey
DIPS : Red + Cucumber strips with 2 laughing cow cheese triangles
Thai Green Papaya SALAD :
5 tbsp fresh lime juice
3 tbsp palm sugar or golden brown sugar
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp dried shrimp
4 garlic cloves minced
15 green beans in medium saucepan of boiling salted water until crisp tender, about 5 minutes. Rinse under cold water. Cut into 2 inch pieces
Place in large Bowl
Using a julienne peeler, peel enough papaya to measure 6 cups.
Add 10 halved cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup coriander
2 Green Onions
Chilli flakes (optional)
Pour dressing over; toss. Sprinkle peanuts over and serve
Fresh Papaya PIECES + Pukka detox tea ~ a clean fusion of organic aniseed, fennel + cardamom
You are always welcome anytime to have an extra water, coconut juice or herbal tea